Glenn was rather underwhelmed with this year’s crop of Super Bowl ads, as he detailed in his latest Twin Cities Business Magazine post:
The vast majority of this year’s “creative” efforts were either boring or ridiculous without any entertainment value. Long regarded as the premiere showcase for creativity, advertisers decided to play it safe or tried too hard to be clever with uninspiring results.
When you lack creativity, of course, there’s always celebrity.
[Tweet “10 Super Bowl 50 Ads That Flopped”]
1) Liam Neeson Pitches LG’s G6 OLED 4K TV
…on a CBS broadcast that didn’t support 4K video
2) Steven Tyler Auditions His Skittles Face
3) Willem Dafoe Channels His Inner Marilyn Monroe For Snickers
…and do we really want to see this?
4) Anthony Hopkins Sells Out For TurboTax
Wasn’t this already done in Wayne’s World? Oh wait, yes, it was.
5) Amy Schumer & Seth Rogan Stump For The “Bud Light Party”
6) Helen Mirren Blasts Drunk Drivers On Behalf Of Budweiser
7) Peyton Manning’s Budweiser Product Placement
8) Budweiser’s #NotBackingDown From Infinitely Superior Craft Brews
9) Butterfinger’s Senseless Skydive
10) Mountain Dew’s Bizarre Puppymonkeybaby
And then there’s this. Really??
Success @ Creative PR
The mission of the Success @ Creative PR newsletter is to help you succeed in your communications career by giving you valuable tips, trends, cool tools, insights and inspiration that will help you throughout your career. Get new marketing stats every week! Click the button below to subscribe: