We cover a lot of photography tools here. That’s because it is a skill that is becoming necessary for public relations and communications professionals. It is not just the domain of designers and the advertising industry anymore.
Photoshop is the standard tool for editing photos but it can be maddening to use because it sometimes feels like you need a PhD to even do the most basic work.
[Tweet “How To: 30 Essential Photoshop Features VIDEO #Photography”]
Thankfully, TutVid‘s Nate Dodson has put together this amazing tutorial video that demonstrates how to use 30 essential Photoshop features in just 60 minutes (and in even less time if you know how to speed up YouTube videos). If you’d rather read the instructions, here is the accompanying post.
These are the thirty (two) features Dodson covers. If you want to jump to a specific feature listed below, just drag the slider bar on the video to corresponding time:
- Color Balance – 00:55
- Masking – 01:48
- Quick Selection Tool – 02:44
- Quick Mask Tool – 04:03
- Content-Aware Fill – 05:03
- Clone Stamp Tool – 05:31
- The Patch Tool – 07:05
- How to use Levels – 08:07
- The Pen Tool – 09:12
- Flames Filter – 10:31
- The Type Tool – 15:03
- TypeKit Fonts – 15:41
- Using & Working with Guides – 17:42
- Smart Objects – 18:38
- Field Blur – 19:35
- How to use Curves – 21:41
- The Eyedropper Tool – 23:20
- Import Color Themes with Adobe Color – 24:58
- Bonus: Gradient Maps – 25:49
- How to Create an Action – 26:27
- The Crop Tool – 28:38
- Colorize Live Shapes – 30:36
- Convert Objects to 3D/Working with 3D – 31:23
- Custom Workspaces – 34:24
- The Camera RAW Filter – 35:57
- Exporting Images and Graphics – 37:18
- Bonus: Changing the UI Background Color – 38:46
- Color Range – 39:29
- Select and Mask – 40:55
- Liquify – 45:38
- The Healing Brush – 47:36
- The Rotate View Tool – 49:28
Check out the TutVid YouTube channel for even more photography tutorials.
It looks like Adobe is finally hearing its users’ frustrations because the company has released this concept video, showing Photoshop being used via voice commands on an iPad. Whether voice commands become an actual feature remains to be seen. But one can hope. One can hope.
Get The Success @ Creative PR Newsletter
The mission of the Success @ Creative PR newsletter is to help you succeed in your communications career by giving you valuable tips, trends, cool tools, insights and inspiration that will help you throughout your career. Get new marketing stats every week! Click the button below to subscribe: