For today’s Cool Tool, we show you the Tailor mobile screenshot stitching app.
The Tailor app is a free, iOS-only tool that will compile a set of related mobile screenshots into one smooth image. It does so effortlessly and, seemingly, magically. Here are some scenarios in which you might find the app useful:
- Showing the full context in which your competitor’s mobile ad is running
- Collaborating on a website redesign
- Capturing a comment thread on a Facebook or Instagram or Blog post
- Showing a colleague a set of search results to demonstrate where your site ranks in mobile search
This screenshot is an example of the latter scenario that we used for our Tweets In Google Search blog post to illustrate where in search results tweets are showing up:
How To Use The Tailor Screenshot App
Using the Tailor screenshot app is a breeze.
You take your mobile screenshots as you normally would by
- Pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button on the top or side of your iPhone,
- Then immediately pressing and releasing the Home button.
- Scroll to the next portion of the screen and then rinse and repeat as needed to capture what you need to capture.
You can find your screenshots in the Photos app.
Then fire up the Tailor app and it automatically sniffs out the relevant screenshots and starts stitching them together. When it’s done stitching, you have the option of sharing to various social channels, via text message or email, or save the image to your phone.
[Tweet “COOL TOOL: Tailor Screenshot App #MoibleApp”]
Video Demonstration Of The Tailor Screenshot App
Though this video demonstration shows the app in action:
Success @ Creative PR
The mission of the Success @ Creative PR newsletter is to help you succeed in your communications career by giving you valuable tips, trends, insights and inspiration that will help you throughout your career. Each issue includes a cool new tool like this one! Click the button below to subscribe: